Pets

I don't think I have mentioned this yet. I got a text on Friday that bio mom had purchased pets for all the boys. She bought each of them a beta fish, and she also bought D a guinea pig. She called on Friday and asked to talk to D...apparently she was afraid to touch said guinea pig and couldn't get him from the box she brought him home in into the cage.

I hope that D takes care of his pet on visits, considering his mom will probably be too scared to change the bedding, feed him, and give him water. And, um, maybe here in a few months we may be adding to our zoo here if the boys want to bring their pets to live at our house once they aren't seeing their mom regularly anymore. The fish aren't so bad, the guinea pig I'm not too sure about but I'm sure it will be fine.

Y woke up at about 11:30 last night and started yelling "I'm awake!" My husband went in there and told him to be quiet and he started crying. So I went in there and told him that everybody was asleep, it was the middle of the night, and that I was going to go back to my room and go back to sleep so he needed to hush! And he was like "OK" and is still sound asleep here at 7:30 a.m. Kids these days!

D didn't find any clothes he liked or that he felt were big enough for him at the garage sale, but he did get an automatic toothbrush. He really wanted it and it was only $7, so I just got it for him. I figure if it helps him brush his teeth then whatever! He is so silly. Also, he used his own money to buy a Garmin GPS watch. It is a few years old, but it was only $25 and it still works so it was exciting. My husband has been trying to help him find a used one but most of those were in the $100 range, so getting one for $25 was a steal! He thinks he wants to do a few triathlons this summer so maybe having one will help him train more. It's always nice to see the fruits of your labor. :)

I am going to go do our taxes today. I am kind of excited about it. Being self-employed, it is hard to know exactly what to expect. Our income is literally all over the map. So hopefully this won't be too painful.

I have phone calls in to a few contractors to come and remodel our basement bathroom. We are also seriously looking at houses and have found a few that have been amazing. I wish we had a better timeline on what is going to happen and when so we could figure out how much more time we have to save for a bigger down payment! Because that could change the price range of the properties we are looking at.

I think the kiddos are up now so I guess that's it! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news