One thing that begins with U

Update.

It's not much, but I think the caseworker is coming over on April 5 to tell D what is going on with his mom. And tomorrow I am calling to set up therapy for him. So if you guys could be praying for him and also for the caseworker and also for us, just for everybody to know the right words to say (or not say) and all of that.

Also, CW said she thinks bio mom will relinquish but is not sure when. So, that doesn't really help much.

One of D's friends that he went to school with died. She made several poor choices, by my understanding: She told her parents she would be somewhere and she ended up going somewhere else, she was hanging out with people up to seven years older than her and people her parents didn't know, and it appears she may have taken some prescription pain pills and possibly overdosed and died, while hanging out at the home of a woman who was a convicted drug seller. It is so so scary. I wish I could say more, but I won't.

D told me today he wishes he lived in a group home. I asked how many people there have to be to make it a "group" and he said at least 10. So, 5 people in our home = not a group. In case you were wondering. He was kind of grumpy when he got out of school. I wonder if he is feeling like he might like us and like it is betraying his Mom. Or something.

I'm not gonna lie, I think a lot about the possibility of taking on a child or two that are between D and C. There is a 9-year spread between them and I am sure D feels very alone. I think it could work but I am not really sure if more than 4 children is something we can or should do. Either way that is on the back burner at this time I think!

M fell asleep in the car on the way home today. Somehow I successfully extricated her from the back seat of the van and got her all the way into the house without waking her up. Then I just held her while she slept for a while. It was very sweet! I don't think I've been able to do that since I stopped doing full-time daycare for her.

The end!

Comments

  1. We'll be praying for D. I'm sure he will be working through a lot of things for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news