Nothing

Nothing happened at court. Basically bio mom's atty just called a witness, and that witness sat on the stand for an hour and was examined, cross examined, re-examined, and re-cross examined.

Then we were past the 1 hour scheduled for this hearing, and the atty said there were 3 other witness. So court has been continued until April 17.

However, the county attorney is going to go ahead and file the petition to terminate rights. So even though nothing has changed, things are moving forward.

The CW and apparently the county attorney appear confident that that rights will be severed one way or the other.

I don't think anybody has talked to bio mom seriously about relinquishing. We are going to try to come up with a contact agreement here in the next week or so, so we have something to offer her in exchange for relinquishing. I'm not sure if that is something she would even consider or not. I can't imagine how difficult that decision must be.

I also got my assessment from my interactions with Miss M at court today. She gave us an 81-90 on a score of 100 so I feel like that is good. Obviously we need some work. Maybe we will have the chance tonight when M spends the night with us for respite! She is going to sleep in the same room with the little boys for the first time ever, which I am nervous about but also excited. She will share a room with them once she moves in with us, at least until we get a house with more bedrooms. I anticipate some pre-sleep chatter tonight, but hopefully everyone will get at least a decent night's sleep. The other times she has spent the night with us she has slept in our room in a pack-n-play in case she woke up in the middle of the night.

I am feeling 100 million times better today than I was this time yesterday. Thank you so much for all your prayers - they are so appreciated!

I guess now we just wait. I am also probably feeling better because when D asks what happened at court we basically get to say "Nothing! Ask us again on April 17". :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news