Because I haven't done enough funny blogs lately

Today I dropped the boys off at preschool and also got a little note that I hadn't paid the activity fees for, oh, 4 months or so. Whoops. It added up to a whopping $92, so I whipped out the good old check book to pay it (it's not a big deal to pay it, I just always forget which I know is very bad).

A little girl walked unsteadily down the hall towards me. Her face was red, I thought that maybe she had just gotten into trouble or something. No such luck. She stopped right beside me and lost her lunch - er, breakfast - on the floor right beside me. I stood in shock, and she did it again. I don't know what that child ate, but whatever it was she must have eaten a LOT. I felt my stomach lurching, and staff members rushed to take care of the girl so I just hurried up and finished and left my check.

The saddest thing was that one of the teachers assured the girl she would call her mom, and the girl said "No! My mom can't come get me, she just got a new job and she can't miss work!" What a heavy burden for that girl to bear.

My husband took this picture and put it on Facebook with the caption "For those of you who haven't met our foster kids"

Ha ha, he's so funny! That is little Y with his chubby tummy. He runs around with that on saying "I'm Officer Prying!" It's supposed to be Optimus Prime, but oh well. :)

Monday I was taking the three little ones to daycare at about 10:30 in the morning. It was 20 degrees out. About 1/2 mile from the house, the gas pedal was no longer making the car go...and the car just stopped, kind of in the middle of the street. Tried to restart it, and that was a no go. We were stuck. I quickly ran through my options - walk home with the kids, but then end up having no car seats (and let's be honest, walking 1/2 mile with a 1, 2, and 3 year old in 20 degree weather = not fun, and maybe not even possible). Then once we got there we would be stranded, because a) I wouldn't have their car seats and b) also my husband had our "big" car, and our other car only has 2 seat belts in the back so that wouldn't work anyway. The next option was to call my husband, who I knew was working. It's a tight fit but we can get all 3 car seats in the back of the "big" car. Well, he was on his way to a town 45 minutes away and had an appointment, so if we wanted to wait there for him it would have been over an hour for him to get to us. An hour in 20 degree weather in a car that hadn't even gotten warm yet....hmmm no thanks. So I called the only friend I know that had a mini van, and praise God she was able to come and get us!

While we were waiting C kept a running dialogue of what we should do. I assured him Rachael was coming, but after about 30 seconds of waiting he must have decided she wasn't going to come after all.

C: What is her name? Angel?
Me: (thinking to myself that it might as well be Angel!) No, it's Rachael. It's Teague's mom, do you remember her?
C: (a few second pause) Well maybe the police will help us. Maybe we can just buy a new car. Are we stuck? I don't see any mud. I just don't know what to do. (and on, and on, and on)

He he he! He is a good little brain-stormer, that one!


Popular posts from this blog

Well, here we are again


Bio mom