Funny

We are having our basement bathroom remodeled. This means that right now, NOTHING down there works. There is no sink, no shower, no toilet. Actually, there is a toilet, but it is not attached to any plumbing. So if you used it, it would be like a port-a-potty. In our house. Ew. So we are all sharing one toilet.

Anyway. Y has this really terrible habit. I am not sure if he is making it up, or if it really is this way, but things go like this almost every single day:

Me: C, can you go potty please?
(C goes and gets on the potty, moving at the speed of a glacier)
Y: MY PEE IS COMING OUT! I NEED TO POTTY!
Me: Well, I think C is on the potty now but if you wait just a minute he will be done.
Y: (cry cry cry, then a deep breath as though he is gathering strength from somewhere deep inside his little 2-year-old soul) Okay.

Well, the other day, it went like this:

Me: C, can you please go poop? (he poops on a schedule, for real, see previous constipation posts)
(C goes and gets on the potty, once again moving at the speed of a glacier. Also, it takes him a few minutes to work up and get the poop out)
Y: MY POOPY IS COMING OUT! I NEED TO POOPY!
Me: Well C is pooping right now, so you will have to wait until he is done. While you are waiting would you like to get dressed?
Y: (deep breath) Okay.
(I run downstairs to get a load of laundry moved to the dryer, then hear screaming. I run upstairs, only to find Y stark naked in his bedroom)
Y: MY POOPY IS COMING OUT!
Me: Don't you dare poop on this floor! You need to hold it!
Y: IT'S COMING OUT!

Yeah, he totally pooped on the floor. For reals. I did the only thing I could think of, which was squeeze his little butt cheeks together, carry him to the toilet, get C off ASAP, and put Y on. In hindsight, I definitely should have just put a diaper on Y. Ah well!

Then just now, D came downstairs with shampoo in his 'fro, eyes as big as saucers, water dripping off of him everywhere, nose plugged with a tissue. Apparently while in the shower he got a bloody nose and it looked really bad. I think he just kind of freaked out! He was all "It won't stop!" so I had him sit down and put his head between his knees, and lo and behold, it stopped after about 2 minutes. The sight of him with shampoo in his 'fro, though, is going to stay with me forever. It was hilarious! I am still giggling about it. :)

Comments

  1. Ok, that's just funny. Those are my perfect storm days. Everyone needing me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm laughing out loud. Hilarious! X always has to go when I'm in the bathroom. Must be a kid thing. I'm still laughing at the picture of you squeezing Y's butt cheeks together :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news