Family meal time

Ok well I feel like I have so much to blog about but not really much, at the same time. Because nothing has really happened officially yet.

Anyway, among the approximately 80 thousand decisions we have made in the last week or so, my husband and I decided that we need to do better at meal times with us ALL working together to clean up. For like the past 2 years what usually happens is I cook, and we all eat, and my husband and D clean their own dishes and put them in the dishwasher, then I do everything else! Which is not very much fun for me, I'm not gonna lie. So we decided that we would ALL help clean up. And it rocked. And everyone pitched in and did what they could and there was no complaining! Also, D cooked me a fried egg after dinner. It was good. :)

A toddler tidbit:

C: I want to grow up!
Me: Why?
C: So that I can go in the kitchen! And so I can tell people what to do.

Can't really argue with that! :)

Miss M is spending the night TWO nights this weekend, we are starting her transition here! Also in a couple of weeks we are going to a mother-daughter banquet at my parent's church and I am pretty excited about it. My brother has a daughter that is about 2 months younger than Miss M, and my sister has a daughter that is about 5 months younger than Miss M. So even though she might not have any sisters, Miss M is going to be in good girl company at least on my side of the family. We are pretty outnumbered on my husband's side though, sad to say. ;)

The other day C was asking about our cat that died. We have been telling him that Tigger is in heaven because we really believe that he is. Which might sound kind of weird but it's OK if you don't believe that, we don't hold it against you. Anyway, C said he wanted to go to heaven so we talked a little bit about how one gets to heaven. I am not sure how much of it he understood but it's kind of a big subject to wrap a 4-year-old brain around. I think it's good that he is thinking about it though.

Speaking of that, D is going to the summer camp with the youth group at our church. I am really excited about it. I think it will be good for him in many ways.

I guess that's it. I don't have the energy to write much else I guess!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news