Leading by example

The other night, I went to bed kind of early because I was exhausted. D had a question about something or other and knocked on the door. I said "Come in" and he came in and saw that I was laying in bed reading my Bible, which I do pretty much every night. The conversation went something like this:

"You're reading???!!!!"
"Yes"
"What are you reading?"
"My Bible"
"Why?"
"I read it every night! Now what do you want? Sheesh!"

So last night he was on his iPod and it was 9:30, and I was again going to bed early (tired again, imagine that!) and the conversation went like this:

"Goodnight, I'm going to bed! You should probably go to bed too since it's 9:30"
"You're not going to go to bed! You're going to go read your Bible!"
"Okay, I'm going to go get in bed, read my Bible, and then go to sleep. Sheesh!"
"Well can I do the same?"

Whaaaaa? Of course I said YES. He had downloaded the Bible on his iPad and has now read 5 chapters of John! I suggested he start with that book and then read the other Gospels.

Anyway, just makes me wonder what else he sees us do that he then emulates. I'm not sure that 100% of my behaviour is emulation-worthy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news