All about me

Yeah. This one's all about me.

I slept 9 hours last night. I woke up this morning at 7:10 which is very late for me, and we needed to leave the house at 7:20! And somehow we managed to at least leave the house by 7:25 which was still pretty darn good. And I feel awesome. 9 hours of sleep > 7 hours of sleep. :)

I have been painting lately. We had some wood trim around our window sills that has needed to be painted for...oh...a year and a half? Yikes. Taking the time to paint means that I have no time for anything else! It's been kinda crazy. Also, painting gives you that up close and personal time with your walls that makes you realize...wow these things are dirty. And I had no idea we had so many cobwebs in here!

We are going to remove a small wall in our kitchen. We picked out our new kitchen flooring and it is sooooo pretty. I mean, really. Here is a picture: Flooring It is going to look fantastic. Honestly we could put anything on the floor and it would rock - right now it is yellowed, cracking vinyl circa 1980's. With paint splotches and other various stains. Plus no matter how much I scrub it is always dirty looking. Blech. It has been on the "to do" list since we moved into this house 4 years ago so as you can imagine I am absolutely thrilled by the fact that in about a month and a half it is going to be done! AND we are going to have a tile back splash which has been on the list for a long time. And custom cabinets which are going to be so beautiful and give us so much more storage.

So basically I am pretty excited. I know I shouldn't get so worked up about this...but this is the first home I've ever owned and honestly I am just tired of living in what feels like a dirty grungy dump (I know, I know...be grateful for what you have, blah blah blah. I really am grateful, really really. It's just that when we moved in we thought we'd be able to do most of this stuff right away...and it hasn't turned out like that at all!). Especially in the kitchen...wow. Even once that's done we still have more work to do, but it is going to make a huge difference in the way our home looks and functions. Yaaaay! The kitchen is our biggest expense too (I can only hope!). We are taking a vacation in November and I think our guy is going to come while we are gone and install everything for us, so when we get back it is going to be done! Which will be SO EXCITING!!!!!

Also, it's officially autumn. A few days ago I started to notice the gradual color changes going on in the trees. My tomato plants have basically stopped ripening which is kind of sad. And I need to pick my one lonely watermelon...maybe I'll do that today. Hopefully it's ripe but it didn't get very big. Next year I really hope I get some pumpkins. Darn squash bugs killed all my vining plants except for the watermelon. *sigh* I do have some beets that I planted a few weeks ago which seem to be doing well. Beets are good for the soil, and a good cool-weather crop. This is my first time planting them so I'm interested to see how they turn out.

The end. I'm sure my next post we will get back to our regularly scheduled programming. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news