Grades

Apparently it's mid-quarter. I think it's kind of weird, but we have parent-teacher conferences in the middle of the first and third quarter...not at all in the second or fourth.

Anyway, last year when I went to these it was pretty much bad news - behavior issues (not serious, but almost every teacher mentioned his behavior in class as needing some work), some F's and D's, you know the drill.

This year I was brought to tears after hearing all of his teachers talk about him. They all say he is smart, wonderful to have in class, and a good kid. He has all A's and one B, and his Science teacher wants to move him up to the Science class for smart kids!

I told his mom about it and I'm not gonna lie, I got choked up.

I am not sure if this change is because of anything we are doing or not, but it at least makes me feel like we are hopefully doing something right. And it just solidified in my mind that I will be very happy if we can leave these kids better off than they were when they moved in. That's kind of the point of foster care, I guess - for EVERYONE to get better.

Comments

  1. Well, I'm not going to lie either... I think D's grades have EVERYTHING to do with being in your home this past year+. There can be no doubt that you two have done all of the boys good. I get teary eyed just thinking about how blessed they have been to have you guys for foster parents. And yes, they have blessed all of our lives immensely these past 16 months. I hope they all know how much they are loved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news