Hodgepodge

Welp I did my triathlon yesterday. It rained the entire time and it was very cold. I finished 66th out of 69 people, and nearly cried on the bike because I just got so cold and was so alone out there for 26 miles. But I told myself I was gonna do it, and I did it!

In other news - Y and C went to respite on Saturday night because the other three of us had to get up at 5:45 ish a.m. on Sunday to get ready for the tri. Saturday morning I took Y to the potty every hour or so and he peed on the potty every time, and he even told me he needed to poop and we made it to the potty in time for him to poop on it! It was pretty much awesome. I told the respite lady that we are working on trying to potty train him, but that she didn't have to work on it if she didn't want to. They have three foster children ages 1, 2, and 6 year old, plus our two at 2 and 3 years old...that's a bit of a full house! Well she is a saint, and she did take him potty and he stayed dry all day yesterday except for one little potty in the diaper (which was my fault for not getting him to the potty on time). So yaaaaaay for Y! It is crazy to think that by the time this thing is over I will (hopefully) have potty trained two children. Ha!

We had to take the bench seat out of the van to put my and D's bikes in there for the triathlon. Well, we never put the seat back in because were all exhausted yesterday, and D had a football game and so the afternoon was kind of crazy. It was fine, though, because the boys' car seats are in the captain's chairs in the middle of the van so I was still able to pick them up even without the bench seat in the back.

Well this morning I took all three kids (M, C and Y) out to the car at 10:45 to take them to daycare...and saw that the bench seat was not in the van still. The thought that it needed to get put back in had not even crossed my mind. Now I had a problem, because M's carseat normally sits on the bench seat. My husband was gone, and I am not strong enough to move the bench seat much less lift it into the van by myself. So basically I had to move all three of the carseats into our 4-door car, and pray that they all fit. The kids are all still in 5-point harnesses so their carseats are kinda huge. Somehow they DID all fit! The little boys amused themselves by playing with leaves in the driveway while I held M and got the chairs installed. I was just thankful to be able to get them where they needed to go! Crisis averted.

C and M were playing this morning and it was soooo cute. She had a hold of these little sunglasses, and C would crawl up to her and she would hold her glasses up to him, and he would scream and run away and she would laugh her little baby head off. It was possibly the cutest thing ever. She is pulling herself up on everything, and C kept asking "Why is she standing up?" I guess it's kind of weird to see your little sister stand up when all she's done before is sit and crawl and lay down. :)

This might be TMI, but I started my period today. This is the 5th one I have had this year. I realize it's September, but typically I have only between 2 and 4 a year. Last year I had only 3 all year long. My last period was about a month ago. So I am thinking this increase in frequency is a little bit weird, and I'm wondering what is going to happen now. My aunt had something kind of similar happen, and she got pregnant kind of out of the blue after not being able to for a long time. Not that I'm getting my hopes up, because I don't generally do that...but it just makes you wonder!

Sounds like D's overnight visit went well. Apparently he stayed up until 3 a.m. and then slept until 9 a.m. He has been fairly tired but so far as avoided being crabby for the most part, which I am thankful for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news