So much to say!

I have many things going through my head right now, and very little desire to flesh them out. So for you, my dear readers, I provide...duh duh duuuuuh! A bulleted post. :)

  • Time goes so, so quickly. Tomorrow will be the first day since the kids started daycare that I don't have anything I HAVE to do. There are several things I WANT to do, but nothing that absolutely must be done. It's a first and kind of exciting!
  • C visited with the ECD people for our school district and did not qualify for services. Basically they only look at the educational component, and determined that his issues are not educational in nature but rather medical.
  • The evaluator was excellent and super kind and understanding of my situation - I was there with the three littles by myself so it was kind of crazy. It is just nice to see a kind smile sometimes when you are feeling overwhelmed!
  • The evaluator was impressed with C's language skills and was very impressed that he was potty trained too. Go C! :)
  • It's amazing to think that when he moved in 10 months ago he would cry and scream and point to things, using only one or two words at a time if we could get him to talk at all...and now we have whole conversations about how he rides his bike (aka sits on a couch pillow and scoots around) through the tunnel (aka the gap between the chair and the wall) and there is a tiger in the tunnel and he puts the tiger in time out when he is naughty, etc. :)
  • The evaluator also gave us some worksheets with different skills we can work on with C and try to incorporate into our lives.
  • A different person also called us and told us that we could get a referral from our doctor to take C to a place that does physical therapy from the medical aspect and that they would test him to see if he could qualify for services.
  • At this point I kind of feel like I'm beating a dead horse and I'm not sure what our next steps should be (if we should go to this other therapy place or not), but I sent C's doctor an email asking for her perspective so we'll see what she has to say.
  • I really wish I could tell you the most recent with bio mom, but I feel I cannot or should not in order to respect one of the family member's privacy. Suffice to say that I have been carrying around a burden the past two days, had trouble sleeping last night, but I have been praying and trying to quit worrying and just give it to God to deal with.
  • In the meantime, I do still have to figure out what to say to bio mom about this whole ordeal but I don't have to say anything to her until Saturday which gives me some time to think about this and solidify our position.
  • I know I should be used to it by now, but sometimes I am just totally blown away at how differently bio mom and my husband and I handle and feel about situations. Such a contrast!
  • I think D's cousin is maybe going to be coming over and spending the night this weekend. I hope she is a good kid, but I don't think D would invite her if she wasn't.
I think that's basically it. Spring I think has finally arrived, the weather the past few days has been beautiful. This weekend I am running 19 miles and honestly I'm dreading it. :/ Oh well, it must be done! My marathon is barely over a month away!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news