How quickly plans change

Well, I got a call on Friday that C & Y are definitely going to go live with their aunt. Which means, obviously, that they are not going to be living with us. :(

So now we are looking at getting the 1 year old and the 11 year old, and maybe the 2 year old sibling as well. I know the 1 and 11 year olds are boys, not sure if the 2 year old is a boy or a girl. I'm thinking it might be kind of nice to have a little girl...then I remember some of the girls we've done respite for and they were WAY worse than the boys. So maybe not. :)

The plan right now is that we are going to start doing some respite for the 2 boys, then if all goes well they will be moving in soon I think. Their current foster mom has a daughter getting married this summer and is also expecting her first grandchild, and is thinking she just won't have time to do the foster care thing. So that's why these kids would be coming to stay with us.

I'm a little concerned about having a 1 year old. I have plenty of experience with 2 year olds and over, but not as much experience with the little ones. Even though 1 is only a year different than 2, it's a HUGE gap in capabilities, feeding, language, etc. Thankfully I have lots of friends that have or have had kids that age, plus my wonderful mom and psuedo-moms that I can (and will!) ask for advice most assuredly.

Just got a call that we are LICENSED now. Hooray! I'm totally thrilled, seriously. Whew! They want us to take the kids sometime this week for an overnight and see how it goes, and we are looking at middle of next week for a placement if all goes well. So I have to call my husband and see what will work for him as far as this week. Eeeck!

Comments

  1. YAY!
    One-year-olds (as far as my two weeks of experience goes) are a blast. We have very little experience to share, but I'm sure we'll have lots of tidbits to teach each other along the way. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - Turns out that Y (the new Y!) is actually having his first birthday on June 18. So he is not quite 1 yet and Levi is a few weeks ahead of him. Which is really convenient for me, because I can watch and learn from you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Can't wait to buy baby things :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news