I should probably stop talking

But I won't.

So Y had a hard day today. Last night he woke up a couple of times during the night. One time was particularly funny - he had been crying for a few minutes so I decided to go check on him. He was on his tummy kind of yelling into his pillow. I grabbed a spare pacifier off of the dresser and put it in his mouth..or at least attempted to. I hope this doesn't sound terrible but since he is African American it is very hard to see him when it is dark. Sometimes if he is in dark pajamas I can't even find him in his crib in the dark! That's even with a night light, people! Anyway I handed him his pacifier and he lifted his head up to look around...but I just so happened to be standing on the side that his pink eye was on, so he didn't see me! He laid back down and I snuck out. Ha ha ha!

Anyway back to my original story, which was about Y's hard day. He was up early-ish, was whiny all morning, did not take a morning nap (trust me, I tried, but he wasn't having it today). Then I took the boys for a run, and he slept in the stroller for like 10 minutes. Ugh, I hate that. We ate lunch, they played for a while, then I tried to put him down for his nap. But no, he wasn't having it. He already GOT his ten minute nap, how much more sleep could he need?? Anyway it took him seriously an hour to fall asleep, then I had to wake him up so he could go on his visit after he only napped for one hour. He was not a happy camper at all. So I let his mom know via our book that his nap wasn't very long and he might be cranky on the visit.

And...so she put him down for a nap. Her visit is from 3:15 to 5:15, and I have no idea how long he slept. I know he slept in the car on the way back to our house, and he was cranky pretty much the whole time after he got home until I put him to bed. I tried to keep him up later than usual but it didn't really work. So now I get to go to bed extra early tonight in anticipation of a child that thinks it is morning time at 4 or 5 a.m. This may or may not happen. It's just...why would she do that?

Another note: D has to read for 10 minutes before he can get on the internet here. Tonight he had a little meltdown about it...and proceeded to go in the back yard and use his personal iPod Touch to get on our neighbor's internet (which is not password protected). KILL ME NOW. I hate that stupid iPod. He blasts his music on it so loudly that I can listen to it without wanting to, he plays games on it during the most inopportune times, he leaves it places. I have no idea how to handle this. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I very badly want to take it away or disable the internet if that's possible. There is no way for us to monitor what he is doing at all. Plus he apparently has a Facebook page now. Pretty sure you're supposed to be at least 13 to have one. UGH. I emailed our FSW to see if she has any ideas about this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news