Hysterical

That is, that is what both boys are right now. Hysterical. As in, screaming. In their beds. Actually it has gotten a lot quieter in the last few minutes thankfully. Last night C was up well past 7:30 laying in bed screaming, yelling "NO!", etc. (yelling "no!" or "Ugh!" is his MO when he doesn't want to do something, like sleep!). His bed time (and Y's!) is 7:00 because they typically sleep until anywhere from 6:30-7:30, and we leave the house at 7:20 so that early of a bedtime ensure they can sleep as long as possible before they must be awake for the day. ANYway, since he was up he kept his little brother up. And now they are both going nutso. They need naps this morning, they do! I'm giving them until 10 and seeing what happens. :/ I hate that!

There is not much you can do to discipline a child when they are behaving like that at bed time. He was staying in his bed so that was good. I got him out and held C until he stopped crying, then I told him I was putting him back in his bed and he started up again. I just left him. I mean what else can you do? Giving them a time out or something like that is kind of counter-productive to the whole bedtime thing, isn't it? I don't know what his deal was. He normally doesn't put up that much of a fight.

Also, I now have pink eye. Two nights ago I touched my eye after we put the boys to bed (prior to washing my hands) and I knew immediately that I had made a fatal error. D is dead-set on the "fact" that "If you want to get rid of pink eye you have to give it to someone else" so he was excited that I got pink eye because that meant that C's was gone because he gave it to me! I have no idea where he heard this, certainly not from me. I sincerely hope that this is not the belief of the rest of his family. I called the caseworker and left a message because I am honestly concerned about it. I know now that at least one of the aunts that is there on their visits all the time has pink eye and D had mentioned that like 4 people in the family had it now. Their visits ALWAYS include other family members so this is cause for concern also.

The boys haven't been eating on their visits at their mom's for some reason. So we are feeding them "dinner" when they get to our house at close to 6 p.m. I don't know if it's the excitement of seeing their mom and all kinds of other people and activities packed into a short 2-hour visit or what the deal is.

Well it is 10 and Mr. Y is still crying. Hopefully he will be happy once I go and get him! Eeck.

ETA: Both of the boys hate avocados. HATE. I would love them to eat them because they are very fattening and nutritious. So today I mixed some avocados into some peanut butter, added a smidge of honey, and put it on some graham crackers. They loved it! I think I'm going to start doing this with more foods (disguising them, that is). Also Y will eat avocado snuck into cottage cheese which is nice.

Anyway, C's skinniness is kind of disconcerting I think. After lunch time he will hardly eat anything at all the rest of the day. When I took them to the doctor Y was up to 21.8 lbs (??? is it even possible for him to be gaining so much weight? I'm thinking they might have been off a little bit) and C was up to 27.4 lbs, which is obviously better than the 25.8 lbs he weighed when we got him July 1. But he still seems awfully skinny. OK I'm done talking now. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news