We're baaaack! (long and not about kids! So feel free to skip) :)

Best vacation ever. Pretty sure that sums it up.

The very absolutely worst part was that our plane left at 5:45 a.m. on Friday morning.  We had to drive an hour to get there, then park our car, wait for the shuttle to get to the air port, get checked in, get through security...you know the drill. Our plan was to wake up at 2:30 a.m. I of course woke up at 1:50 and couldn't get back to sleep.  I fell asleep during take-off of our first flight, no idea how that even happened.  Pretty much once they shut off the cabin lights I was out cold.  Once we were flying steady I woke up.

Then we didn't sleep again until we got to our hotel in Florida that afternoon (after an almost 4 hour layover in Atlanta!), and we were able to nap for about an hour before having to get up to go see our friends. Well, Brian went and saw his friends, I went and hung out with a bunch of ladies I did not know who got progressively more drunk as the night went on. After an hour and a half I was literally done, just so exhausted and really just done with being around people. It was 7:30 p.m.  Ha ha ha ha.

Oh and I drove our rental car, which was a Nissan Maxima (or was it an Altima? I can't remember) with something like 27,000 miles on it. It was amazing and just so pretty. I'm pretty sure our lowest mileage vehicle has about 170,000 on it right now.  Our highest mileage vehicle is pushing 260,000.  Yeah...quite the difference. I was afraid of breaking something but I didn't, and I didn't get lost either which is a big bonus.

Saturday we went to Epcot, which was sooooo much fun!  We ate lunch in Italy, dessert in France, then dinner in England.  It was the Food and Wine festival, so it was pretty crowded and it took literally an hour from the time we arrived at the front gates to actually get IN to the park. And there were a lot of drunk people. And you could just smell alcohol everywhere.  It was warmer than I expected during the day (that Florida sun is HOT!) and cooler than I expected at night, but thankfully my husband brought his jacket and let me wear it.  We stayed until the park closed, watched the fireworks, then hit up the gift shop on the way out to buy stuff for the kids.

I was able to ride a few rides which was nice.  We saw a 3D Michael Jackson video filmed in 1986 which was pretty neat. There was just a lot of cool stuff to do.

My feet were so, so tired.  Carrying around an extra 14 or so pounds for 10 hours is rough on the old tootsies!  That is more than 10% of my pre-pregnant weight. Yikes.

Sunday we had brunch with people there for the wedding (some people we actually knew, yay!) and then sat by the pool with friends. I got sunburned on my back and shoulders and chest a little bit, but not too bad. I forgot that being pregnant makes you more sensitive to sun and we brought zero sun screen.  I was super happy that a swimsuit that I had bought last year (which was actually a little bit too big for me, but the most modest and smallest one I could find) fit over my huge belly and actually looked kind of cute. I was pretty excited to not have to buy a new suit!

Then of course the wedding on Sunday afternoon, then the reception which was soooo much fun. Even though we didn't dance very much we did make an effort at the cha-cha slide. It was fun, but I found my body doesn't quite do all the things it used to do 8 or so years ago when I'd dance it at the clubs! Like getting low...yeah, not gonna happen.

Monday we went to Chik-fil-A (yaaaaay!) and then to the beach and walked a lot. Then back to the airport, and back home. I think we got in about 7:10 or so but it was after 8 by the time we got on the road to go back home.  It was 84 when we left Florida, 34 when we got back here. :(

My body is still on East Coast time, I was up at 6:30 this morning.  We have our anatomy scan today and I am just so excited, I couldn't fall back asleep. So I got some laundry started, dishes washed, and I'm thinking about starting on work at some point. :)

We don't get to find out the gender today (since we are waiting until our gender reveal!) but I have to tell you - I am so paranoid that there is more than one baby in there. I know, the chances of it are insanely low. I'm sure there is only one. But I feel very huge, and I look very huge these days, in fact I look huger every day.  I mean I know that is kind of how it is supposed to be...but I am not even 1/2 way done with this pregnancy yet.  I am sure it is just because I'm short. I feel like my body is in pregnancy overdrive, like "aaaah, baby! Huge boobs! Huge belly! grow grow grow grow!". The past few days the baby kicks and punches have gotten much stronger, and I feel them in different areas. I'm sure it's because the baby is 6 inches long now and maybe sometimes I feel punches and sometimes kicks, so that explains why it would be in different areas. I am paranoid. I know.  But I will just feel so much better when the tech tells me there is only one baby in there.

I'm excited to see our little munchkin again!

Comments

  1. I miss living in Florida :(
    Anyway, did they get some good pics of your triplets today? You can post those because I don't think anyone could track you down via some baby(ies) in the belly shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I put the picture up (on the other post I did today). :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news