Kicks

I've been getting kicked all day long. I think our baby must have done some serious growing and/or strength training the last day or two because the amount of kicking I am receiving is amazing! I can even feel it when I'm standing up which is a new development.  I don't think the baby has slept at all today.  Last night just as I would drift off to sleep I'd get a little kick. It doesn't hurt, it's just startling. I am still not 100% used to the idea that there is a child inside of me. It's just all so very odd.  My initial reaction after getting kicked is always "What the??...oh yeah. Baby."

We find out the sex in 4 days!  And our adoption is next Saturday!  One of these days I'm going to sit down with the little ones and talk to them about it so they kind of know what is going on. I mean we've talked about it before, but I think they kind of need a refresher. I don't know if we should try to talk to D about it too.  Actually I should probably call his therapist tomorrow and see what he has to say about it.  I feel like we're walking on eggshells around him about this whole thing and it is hard.

My husband took Y and D to the state football championships tonight. Y fell asleep on the way there, at like 6:45 p.m.  Also the other day he was in time out and literally fell asleep. I couldn't believe it!  Tired much??  C and M had an early bed time (C was going to go with the other boys, but  missed out because of his behavior). Apparently the last 2 days at preschool M has been a holy terror. I feel bad for her poor teacher...but I'm glad it's not me! ;)  She is not getting enough sleep at night, so tonight I put her in a separate room for bed time so hopefully she fell right asleep. Hopefully.  And hopefully she will stay that way until, oh, maybe 7:30 or so tomorrow morning!

I still have not heard one single peep from bio mom at all.  I'm not going to lie, I'm a little afraid of her showing up at court on the 1st.  I'm sure my fears are unfounded..and even if she did, what could she do? Besides upset the kids and everyone else? :/

I haven't heard anything about D's dad so I assume he has not moved to stop the adoption. So that is good I guess.  A part of me wishes the guy cared more about his son.

I put together a few pictures of the kids and some info about them. I guess the state is doing a slideshow or something of the kids that are getting adopted that day.  Looking through all the old pics I can barely believe the kids were ever so little. I am so glad to have a lot of pictures of them, and I hope we always remember to do a good job of taking pictures!

Also I'm signing the little ones up for swim lessons. Really. I am really going to do it this time.  I just started panicking thinking about the summer, and having an infant, a 2 year old, a 4 year old, and a 5 year old, none of whom know how to swim...sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, right?  Eep.  So classes start at the new year and end the beginning of March, and Lord willing the baby will not come until April so that will be perfect.  It might be a little hectic getting them all there (they will all be in different classes) but it is what it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news