No more puke!

I am happy to say that we have been puke and diarrhea free for almost 48 hours now. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights Y puked...Monday night/Tuesday morning was the worst since he did it in his bed and I'm quite sure he just slept in it...I never heard him crying. And thankfully he still wears diapers to bed because he had major diarrhea too. So it was awful.

Monday M and Y both stayed home with me, then Tuesday just Y stayed home. I seriously could not believe how much calmer the house was without C in it. Y and M played nicely together for the most part. I realize they were partially sick (although they seemed to be feeling much better, I just kept them home as a precaution), so they may not have been at 100% yet. But still. When C walks into a room, the volume level increases at least 50% or more, even if the room is already full.

Tuesday was nice to just spend some time with Y. He is such a character! Since he is introverted his personality doesn't shine all the time the way Mr C's does, but when it does shine he is so funny and cute! We played a Memory game together, and he played with some toys while I tried to get some work done. Before to long he was banging on the xylophone and singing the ABC's at the top of his lungs. The funniest part was that he would say "Now I know my ABCs, H I J K L M N O P" so it became the song that never ends. He did that on a loop for a couple of minutes and I was cracking up!

We did our first bike ride as a family of 6 today. We got a trail-a-bike for the C monster, and that was on the back of my husband's bike leaving me to pull Y and M in the trailer. It was my first time pulling them and WOW it was hard. The hills were just awful, especially since i already ran and did a speed work out this morning. And ran stairs at boot camp. Anyway it was fun, except we should have started like an hour earlier than we did and we probably should have skipped the ice cream stop - M cried almost the entire way home, and the kids were up in their beds talking until after 9 p.m. Yikes! Add sugar to those kids and it is just an automatic meltdown afterwards. I know people think we are the meanest because we don't give them candy and pop and all that stuff, but seriously, it's for a good reason! 1 kid having a meltdown is one thing; three kids having a meltdown is something completely different. And three sleep deprived children...let's just say tomorrow probably won't be the best day.

Welp I guess I have to go work some more before I go to bed tonight. So maybe I shall write more tomorrow. Maybe.

Comments

  1. I love reading your posts about the chaos with all 3. It makes me feel like I am not the only one with this crazy life.

    Just a drop of crazy for you... I pulled Tot out of the cat litter again tonight. Seriously, WHY is that his favorite spot on the patio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss M has definitely been in the cat litter a few times herself...thankfully I have never found any in her mouth. I think they must think it is just like a sandbox with kind of gray-blue sand in it! :)

      Delete
  2. You're not the only "mean" parents. We don't do sugary cereals, pop,candy, etc. either accept for special occasions of course. It just isn't worth the sugar high and the meltdown with the sugar crash :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news