The latest

I really stink at blog titles.

Baby M and her FM, Jill, came over today. M is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e. She is like a little baby doll. She weighs 5 lbs, 12 oz (up 6 oz. from her birth weight!) Her hair is black and very soft. I held her and for the first time while holding an infant it felt completely normal and natural. I am not sure if it was just because I've been spending so much time with little kids the past few months or what it was, exactly, but it was just lovely. Part of it may have been that the FM is pretty much new to this whole thing's very hard for me to feel comfortable around people who seem like they know everything there is to know. It is intimidating for me, partly because I will be the first to admit that I always am learning and always have much to learn, no matter how much I know (or think I know). She barely cried at all, when she did it was only for a few seconds and then she was back off to sleep. I held her pretty much the whole time they were at the house. And I'll admit it, I'm basically in love. :)

The little boys handled it well. Y came up to us and pointed at her and said "Baby?" in the sweetest little voice. Oh I love him. :) C was a bit more jealous, I think, and spent some time trying to climb all over me and put toys into my lap and things. So we'll just see how it goes. I feel like I'm prepared...which is pretty much a recipe for disaster I'm sure, but we'll take one day at a time! I start caring for her on Monday! :)

We went to the Children's Museum on Thursday. The boys, by 9 a.m., had me officially frazzled to the bone and I just had to get out of the house with them. We bought a membership, which I think will be good because then I won't feel bad if we can only spend 45 minutes or an hour there...I won't feel like I've wasted my money or whatever. Anyway all the boys had a good time, and then we went and ate at McDonald's and had to make two trips through the line because the boys were so hungry and ate so much. That pretty much has happened every time we take little boys to McDonald's. Hmm.

Today I also had CPR and First Aid training. I'm officially certified, yay! I got to go to a one-on-one class and so instead of it being an all day, 8 hour event, it only took 2 hours and 45 minutes. Pretty awesome! The boys went to respite at D and Y's old foster mom's house.

I called the state yesterday with some questions about doing day care (this is the second time I've called them and talked to someone there). This time they said they need to send me a packet or something. Great, just what I wanted to do, wait for some packet to get here. I have to do a one-hour class on November 10th at 10 a.m. before I can get licensed so I guess I can wait for the packet as long as it gets here before then!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Well, here we are again

How quickly plans change

Hell freezing over