Baby sitting

Our FSW called today and asked if I would be willing to do childcare for the baby while her foster parents are working for six weeks or so until she is old enough to go into daycare. And my husband said I could do it! I'm pretty excited. :) It's not set in stone yet though. But anyway, if this does happen, I am pretty much going to be home bound. As in, not going out during the day basically at all, and then only if I absolutely must. But it is exciting. :) I get the benefit of hanging out with the baby a lot, without the terror of having to wake up in the middle of the night to care for her as well as make it through the day with three small children.

In other news, Y is getting circumcised on Monday. :( Once again, totally not my decision, but will just have to deal with it. His appointment is at 8:15 a.m. and is going to take about 4 hours from start to finish. So far no one has gotten back to me on whether anyone I know is approved to watch the kids...so I am going to be attempting to entertain a 2 year old in a waiting room for about 4 hours. Doesn't that sound exciting? I know I'm pretty thrilled about it. Oh and also Y can not eat or drink anything after midnight the day before. Poor little guy is going to be awfully hungry, especially if it is a 6 a.m. morning for him (which he has been having less and less of, thankfully!). He is super cranky in the morning until he eats. Hopefully he will sleep until 7:30 and then I'll only have to have him crying for a little while.

I bought the baby some clothes and sent a little present on the visit yesterday. Oh man, having a girl to buy stuff for is going to be the death of me. Little girls clothes are so stinking cute. :o) Bio mom wrote me back and said that she has been released from the hospital but baby is still in the NICU, and mom is not allowed to go visit the baby unless a visitation worker is there. :( That makes me sad for the mom and for the baby. I hope her new foster parents are visiting her in the hospital. I don't even know what all is allowed as far as that is concerned. Poor babe.

That's all I had. Kind of a mish mash of a blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news