Baby M,, Transport Woes, and Not Me...Tuesday

Baby M has finally been released from the NICU. Had a nice chat with her foster mom, who seems like a super nice lady. She is going to come over with M in tow on Friday and I am really excited to meet them both! She said she would like me to continue doing daycare for M past the 6 weeks, but only if I'm comfortable with it. She doesn't want to take advantage. That made me feel good, and I told her we'd just try it out for a while and see how it goes and then go from there.

The bad news is that the baby will not be going to visits with the boys, which I had just assumed she would (silly me!). She will go with them on Wednesdays, but other than that she has separate visits. So I will no longer have those breaks when all the kids are at visits, sadly. Also M's visits are at all different times; I'm going to have to make sure I can do a good job of keeping track of when she is leaving! It would be really bad if we were not home when she was supposed to be at a visit. :)

Also, when I asked the foster mom if M would go on visits with the boys to their dad (I used his first name while on the phone with her), she said "Who's [bio dad's name]?" So I guess that's a no! Yikes!

Speaking of visits, bio dad decided he was going to start having visits with the boys again. Today is the day I'm supposed to go to MUMs at church and D is also out of school all this week, so Brian said he could watch the boys until the worker got here so I could actually be on time to MUMs for once. Well, she arrived at our house at about the same time the visit was supposed to be starting...then when they got to the visitation center bio dad was not there. UGH. Maybe he just didn't show up, or maybe he did show up and then when the kids didn't show up for a half an hour he thought it was canceled or something. I called the transport company to complain about this worker again. I did look up on Google Maps how long it takes to get from here to the place where the visit occurs, and the shortest time is 28 minutes. Plus you have to plan on the time to unbuckle car seats and get the kids in and out of the car. So frustrating!

Now for Not Me Tuesday:

I certainly did not forget to do my Not Me Monday on Monday! How hard is it to remember what day of the week it is, even if your schedule is a little screwed up because a certain somebody isn't going to school this week?

I did not get up no less than 8 times last night with my littlest one. No, at the age of 16 months he sleeps through the night, every night. Nevermind the fact that he has a stuffy nose and thus is having a hard time sucking on his pacifier and breathing at the same time, and then it falls out of his mouth and onto the floor, and then he wakes up crying because he doesn't have his paci.

And no, I certainly did not consider just giving him an empty bottle as his "pacifier" because it is quite large and would be difficult for him to loose in his crib. Hello, dangerous!

And of course I did not have bleary-eyed thoughts of "Wow, I should really wean him from that thing" as a result of the ensuing sleepless night.

I certainly did not go to "bed" at 10 p.m. and then wake up (for the final time) at 8 a.m. Regardless of the amount of times i have to get up in the middle of the night I very rarely get more than 7-8 hours of sleep a night!

My 2 year old certainly did not say to me, as I was changing his diaper, "You gon wiiipe mah butt, Brynnie?" I never say "I just need to wipe your butt, then you can go play!" when he is having tantrums as I'm changing his diaper. I also never say things like "Stand up so I can clean your butt!" while he is in the bathtub. Who talks to their two year old like that? Certainly not me!

When my 11 year old was giving me a look that could kill and attempting to stare me down this morning because i told him "No", I did not laugh and say "I'm not afraid of you, D!" I always try to treat his feelings with grace and mercy. Ahem.

My heart certainly did not melt as I was rocking Y during one of his middle-of-the-night wakings this week when he reached out and wrapped his little hands around my finger. Awwww.... :)


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Well, here we are again


Bio mom