I asked for a new transport company today

I doubt we will get it, but it can't hurt to ask, right?

We got the boys all ready to go to their mom's. They haven't had a visit since last Saturday. Today we got the kids all ready to go, with shoes and coats on, and were waiting...waiting...waiting. I should have taken my husband's advice and called the transport company to confirm that the visit was actually happening before getting them ready...but I didn't. I thought to myself, "Surely if it was canceled they would have called us by now!"

By 2:45 I was having second thoughts, and gave them a call.

"Oh, I'm sorry," said the person that answered the phone, "I meant to call you and tell you it was canceled, but I called everyone BUT you."

She did not sound remorseful at all.

C was heart broken.

And this is why I asked for a new transport company. We'll see what happens.


  1. GOODNESS that's frustrating! I'm impressed with how you've kept your hair, as I would have pulled it all out by now.

    Any chance you would not tell the boys where you are going and if a trip is canceled just have a back-up place? That way they aren't so disappointed. Then, if they DO have a visit, you tell them right as the transport pulls up- and it's a nice surprise. I know it's a little more work, but it might save them some heartache...

  2. and by back-up place I mean the library or children's museum (if they're on Medicaid you can get a year's pass for $5) or lost in fun...or just to play outside.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Well, here we are again

How quickly plans change

Hell freezing over