First days

C's first few days of kindergarten have gone well. He is really tired but I'm sure once he gets used to it he'll start feeling better. He seems to like his teacher and his class so that's good! We are enjoying walking to and from school, except for the one time that Miss M got lost. :) It was only for about 30 seconds but it sure felt like a long time.

We got D an iPhone. We have some pretty strict rules with it, but part of me is still pretty anxious about the trouble he could get in to with it. It's one of those things where we'll just have to trust him.

He seems to be liking school too. He's a big man on campus already (according to him at least!) So yeah. Story of his life.

I'm slowly but surely getting things unpacked. Trying to get stuff done around the house with a baby, 2 and 4 year old with me all day is no joke! And the house is so big that it's almost a hindrance to getting stuff done. Like, if I have to work upstairs then it really has to be during nap time.  I can't even hear the kids in the living room when I'm in our bedroom. Crazy right?

The neighbors are super nice. Three people have brought us food and several have stopped by to introduce themselves. One of our friends is having a "welcome to town" party so we can meet new people. And I joined an indoor soccer team (my husband got me hooked up with one of his friends) so I'm super excited about that. Part of me feels pretty unsure about this whole thing - like, can I pull this off socially? I'm panicking about the party especially, and I just kind of feel pretty much out of my element. It's a little terrifying, but maybe once we get more settled in it won't be so awkward. Or maybe it will, because that's just how I roll. :)

Back to the soccer thing. So I played soccer through high school and then also for a few years as an adult. I really love soccer! But when I moved up north-er about 9 years ago I never found a place to be plugged in, so I haven't played since then. Well anyway, Brian was talking to one of his friends, and long story short the friend plays on an indoor co-ed soccer team that is in need of girl players. I've played indoor and outdoor soccer, indoor is much more fast paced because the ball basically never stops (it almost never goes out of bounds) and the field is smaller. I prefer outdoor soccer, but beggars can't be choosers! My first game will be Sunday. Because of the time Brian will have to put Ben to bed, so that will be the first night that Brian will have put him to bed since he came home from the hospital!  I'm excited to get a little "me" time but a little worried at how well I'll play. I'm not exactly in the best shape of my life since I haven't been running or anything and I'm still carrying about ten pounds of baby weight.  We'll see I guess! :)

On Friday I noticed Miss M's ear oozing junk. She has ear tubes so when she gets an infection the stuff comes out, it's really nasty but that's what is supposed to happen. Anyway, so we've already had to find a doctor here and had an appointment.  Her ear is so awful, it seriously stinks. This is the third ear infection she's gotten in the last probably 6 or 8 months. Gross.

There are like 8 million things to do around the house, and I'm pretty much on my feet all day except for when I'm eating or nursing the baby. By the end of the day I'm just exhausted.  There is really no end in sight. Ah well! I'm sure it will settle down eventually.

Comments

  1. You played on a coed team in Omaha - I remember going to a few of your games! - Kara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news