Quick update

So Brian called the realtor and kind of ran him through the wringer and told him that he is not doing a good job. Magically, we have a new realtor now! He called and worked it out with the bank that owns the property that we can close on the 1st. And he is going to try to find out if the property was insured during a hail storm in May, and if so then maybe we can get the insurance company to replace the roof.  That would save us a lot of money and if we can close on the 1st that will give us at least a fair amount of time.  Realtor guy has worked harder for us in the last 24 hours than he has the past 2 months!

Also can I just say, I'm thankful that the person I married is not like me. I am more of a door mat type person (until it comes to my kids). I was all "Don't make him mad, let's just try to get this over with!" and Brian was all "No! He works for us and he needs to do a better job!" Guess who was right. :)

Oh and the home inspector said that the floor is moldy downstairs because it looks like something got spilled on it?  He said nothing in the foundation appears questionable (a fair amount of the basement isn't finished so he could see the actual foundation).  We are having the basement carpet removed ASAP anyway, we were planning to demo the basement finish anyway and start from scratch because the finish isn't very good and also it's not laid out the way we want it to be. We want to get an egress window put in so that D can have his bedroom down there. Eventually.


Ben slept the entire night in his bassinet last night.  I mean he still got up a bunch. But! He didn't sleep with us at all! It was amazing!  The only bad thing about him sleeping in the bassinet is that I sleep so, so deeply that I don't hear his first stirrings (probably because I'm sleep deprived!) and by the time I hear him he is nearly at a full-on WAIL and it's pretty loud. When he sleeps with us I can feel him start moving around and that wakes me up so I can get to him before he is completely falling apart.

I took Ben to get weighed yesterday and he had only gained 3 ounces in 2 weeks! That is not very good. I mean a gain is good, but it should be more than that.  I think part of the problem is that since we started this sleep training-ish stuff he has been crying a lot and burning through his calories, which doesn't help with the gaining of course.  Thankfully I think most of the crying is over with so hopefully he'll get back on track.

I rented a scale from MilkWorks so I could weigh him before and after feedings and get an idea of how many ounces of breast milk he's eating in 24 hours, in case I'm having a supply problem.  Overnight he took a total of 10 ounces. I didn't weigh him every time, I just weighed him at the beginning of the night and in the morning.  I know it won't be 100% accurate because some of the moisture was lost through his slobbering (he slobbers a lot), respiration, and plus he had a leaky diaper this morning. So if anything, 10 ounces is less than what he actually got. But anyway, 10 ounces I thought was good. According to kellymom.com the average breast fed baby gets 25 ounces per day, with a "normal" range being from 19 to 30 ounces per day. And also that breast milk intake doesn't increase from 1 month to 6 months old, isn't that interesting? Except that it may be higher during growth spurts.  So anyway, we'll see how the rest of the day goes I guess.

I took the 3 middles to get new shoes yesterday. It was fun! They each got to pick out one pair of shoes. I used to always get the boys at least 2 pairs of shoes so they had a choice on which ones to wear...but then they always just wear the same ones all the time! So it was a waste of money.  So I figured, spend a little more on new shoes (instead of used) and let them pick them out, and call it good. C was disappointed that they didn't have light up or character shoes in his size, but he was able to get some silver and red running-type shoes so that made him feel a little better.  Miss M picked some pink tennies, and Y picked out a light up shoe with Superman, Batman and Robin (no idea why all those guys are on the same shoe, but whatever).
Ben has been asleep for 2.5 hours for his morning nap. Longest stretch last night? 2 hours.  WHY??? Sleep at night you bad bad baby!

Oh yeah also I've been using my sleep tracker app. Ben gets about 13 hours of sleep in 24 hours. According to the "experts" he should be getting about 15.5 hours of sleep total based on his age.  So I'm glad to know that the sleep deprivation isn't all in my head. Maybe it will get better though. I'm really liking the fact that he can sleep on his own now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news