Mental Health

So, I called D today. I wanted to ask him about Jolene's mom.  I wanted to ask if he knew that the person who everyone said was her mom was actually her mom, if he knew...I thought hey, maybe it's not actually her mom, and I'm the only person who doesn't know?

He said...she's crazy, of course it's her mom and it makes no sense that it wouldn't be.  She has one older biological full sister.  He said he refuses to speak with her anymore, and that she told him about a year ago that the government was spying on her and that she went to try to send him money and they were asking way too many personal questions so she couldn't send him money. She then told him to be careful and that they were going to start spying on him as well, due to his connections with her.  He hadn't told anybody about it except for me.

He said Jolene's (who he also doesn't talk too) is abusive, and was abusive even to him as a child.

Anyway, that's all I'm gonna say for now. But I'm just so thankful that he can see all of this too, and can see what is going on.  He did say that Jolene is extremely good at manipulating, and that the older he gets the more he is learning about how she lied to and manipulated him as a child.  It makes me so sad for him.  He seemed like he understood why I'd be worried about the little ones being manipulated by her as she gets older.

Mental health issues are such a struggle.  She seems so...normal, sometimes. She's very smart.  I think that makes it harder to see. 

I'm not a doctor and can certainly not diagnose her in any way, shape or form. I know she's lived a hard life and made a lot of poor choices. Being abused and neglected as a child messes you up forever; your brain literally doesn't develop properly.  It's certainly not her fault. 

But that does make things hard for us.  The kids are too little still to see even when someone is lying to them, they are very trusting of all adults.  I'll be screening her letters religiously. Our kids aren't on social media at all yet, I rue the day. I hope that they can trust us enough to understand all the protections we have in place. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The news

Birth Story

Good news/bad news